It was a hot day up at Witter Field today as the players got ready for a day of Full Pads.
- “We need to improve. Too many balls on the ground today. The defense was popping, separating the running backs from the ball at times, and we can’t have that” – Tedford [He pointed to the running backs doing extra workouts after practice as punishment for lack of ball security]
- Tedford on Covaughn Deboskie-Johnson – “He came back in real good shape, ready to go. We had a goal line play the other day where he ran right through LB Mychal Kendricks. He got his pads down low (a skill Deboskie-Johnson has worked hard to develop) and did a great job. So right now, I think he’d be the second guy, with the third slot still up for grabs”
- Tedford said that Sofele may get 20 carries a game this upcoming season
- Defense looked good again today as they were able to apply lots of pressure and force turnovers
- CJ Anderson had a nice 60 yard run today as he was able to bounce off tacklers. However, Tedford noted that CJ canceled that out by fumbling on the next play.