– Wonder why we’re seeing remnants of a baseball field being there even though no games have been played for almost a month.
– Early penalties seem to be hampering Cal again as they give up a huge play on 3rd and 15.
– Seems as if it will likely be a defensive battle for most of the game.
– Zach Maynard inaccuracy is rearing its ugly head again missing open receivers.
– Bryan Anger has been Cal’s MVP this game so far with a couple of huge punts.
– Maynard makes a nice read and gives the ball to Isi for the first touchdown of the game.
– Tipoti with a big hit from behind and a nice recovery by D.J. Holt.
– Not sure why we are running a screen play on 3rd down, but I think we’re lucky to get 3 points off that turnover.
-#70 on the Utes giving Cal a couple of gift penalties. Let’s us see if we can grind out a long TD drive.
– Zach Maynard makes a nice throw on 3rd down after nearly getting picked up. I’m glad to see a great coaching move of quick snapping after a close catch by Marvin Jones.
– Great punt by Maynard pins the Utes. Interesting decision to decline the holding penalty. Probably thought the down was more important than 3 yards. Jones probably should have called for a fair catch.
– I like the idea of play action on first down to try to take a shot down field.
– GT has been very impressive so far this year on field goals.
– Cal’s special teams rearing its ugly head again with a big return followed by an necessary roughness and yet another bad penalty. Kendricks bails out the defense with a huge pick, Cal might be able to get more points on the board and recapture momentum.
– Nice checkdown by Maynard to Jones followed by a nice screen pass to Allen who drags a whole bunch of DBs into the endzone for another Bear’s TD!